Wed, Aug 23|
Virtual Forum, Zoom
August Safe Space Initiative: Compassion Fatigue
Bridging together survivors, allies, community partners, and professionals in the field of SA and DV.
Time & Location
Aug 23, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM CDT
Virtual Forum, Zoom
About the Event
Self-Reclaimed’s Safe Space Initiative (SSI) is part of a two-pronged theory of change model that serves as a bridge between survivors, allies, community partners, and professionals in the field of sexual assault (SA) and domestic violence (DV). By engaging in values-driven, candid conversations, the community identifies the necessary education, resources, skills, and advocacy work that seeks to change the culture and systems that allow SA + DV to exist. Over time, the SSI will shift and grow to meet the evolving needs of the community.
In 2023, the SSI will host 4 forums over the course of the year with the following goals in mind:
- Increase knowledge about the cultures and systems that maintain SA & DV, while simultaneously creating a community that is actively shifting these cultures and systems
- Learn and develop proficiency in trauma-informed, survivor centered communication and safe spaces
- Navigate candid conversations using SR values and community agreements as a compass to approach challenging topics and repair communication breakdowns
- Individual members contribute to the direction of Self-Reclaimed and future offerings of the SSI
- Develop proficiency in allyship practices and advocacy
Who should join? Community members and organizations who share Self-Reclaimed’s values and want to have an active role in changing the culture and systems that allow SA and DV to exist.
- The Community/Community Members: survivors, allies, community partners (aligned organizations and businesses), and professionals in the field of SA and DV.
- Survivors: individuals who have been impacted directly or indirectly by SA and DV. We recognize that not all individuals who have been impacted, identify as a survivor, and therefore provide this larger context of what we mean by "survivor."
- Allies: individuals who do not identify as survivors, but have a strong commitment to the mission.
- Organizations: representatives and members of organizations that align with this initiative and may want to receive future trainings from Self-Reclaimed.
Each forum is $5 to participate to help offset the costs of the program.
Survivors who want to participate but cannot afford the fee, please contact us at the email below.
Community Agreements: Just like all of Self-Reclaimed's programs and events, there will be specific community agreements to ensure the safest environment possible for all who are participating in the forum. These will be provided as we get closer to the forum.
August's forum: What is compassion fatigue and why is it so important for this mission? Join us as we unpack what it is, how to recognize it, and why emotional intelligence and self-regulation practices are imperative for the work. Forum members and attendees will help shape the topic of our final Safe Space Forum in October!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Individual Forum Fee
+$0.13 service fee
This option secures your spot for our upcoming SSI Forum, but does not include the membership benefits.
+$0.13 service fee0
SSI Founding Member
+$0.50 service fee
This is the same price as attending all 4 of our SSI Forums in 2023 and secures your spot for each forum. In addition, these 50 Founding SSI Members will receive an official Welcome Letter and limited SSI sticker in the mail! All Founding Members will be listed on our website and in our Annual Event’s Program (pro.claim) to recognize you for helping us sustain our 2023 survivor programs.
+$0.50 service fee0