Mon, Sep 11|
Together, We Rise
Finding resilient transformation through creation & performance
Time & Location
Sep 11, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM CDT
Chicago, 1932 S Halsted St #401, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
About the Event
The wolves are back! This time howling with intentional direction & purpose towards resilient transformation & collective liberation. Back for their 6th season, the tenacious SheWolf Sacred artist collective is teaming with the esteemed community of Self Reclaimed – with a foundation of similar missions – to bring you TOGETHER, WE RISE (TWR).
TWR is a 6-week long immersion into creative process & performance utilizing tools from creative & expressive arts therapeutic practices. This program intends to create opportunities for connecting, sharing unique narratives of healing, & fostering community within common grounding intentions.
We will explore these inquiries:
- Is there a story within your body/mind that is ready to emerge?
- What is your unique version of resilient transformation?
- What does liberation mean to you?
- How can your personal healing contribute to larger society?
This summer, we invite you to participate in our Together, We Rise Exploratory Workshop on July 24th to see if you resonate with the intentions we are creating. Then, there will be a brief application process for those who would like to participate in the TWR full 6-week program. Our culminating performance event will take place at Hamlin Park Fieldhouse Theater this September 2023, with an opportunity to be witnessed in our cohesive group creation along with other SheWolf Sacred & Self-Reclaimed artists & community members.FAQ:
What are the dates?
Monday, July 24th: Together, We Rise (TWR) Exploratory Workshop
- Open Registration for TWR 6-week program from July 24th - August 7th
Monday, August 7th: TWR Orientation and Meet & Greet
Monday, August 14th: TWR 6-Week Program Start
- August 14th
- August 21st
- August 28th
- Sept. 4th
- Sept. 11th
- Sept. 18th
Wednesday, Sept. 27th: Tech Rehearsal
Thursday, Sept. 28th & Friday, September 29th: TWR Community Performance Night at Hamlin Park Fieldhouse Theater
(Full itinerary details with times and locations will be available upon registration)
What will be covered in the Exploratory Workshop on July 24th?
Julie Brannen (facilitator) will guide you through a process of building physical and mental awareness, discovering where you are in your story/healing process, and moving through different themes through a performance as therapy lens.
Do I need to attend all of the sessions to participate?
7/24 Exploratory Workshop: optional
8/7 Orientation and Meet & Greet: optional
8/14 - 9/18 TWR 6-Week Program: required
9/27 Tech Rehearsal: required
9/28th & 9/29th TWR Performance Nights: required
While we encourage all cohort members to attend all required sessions, we understand that sometimes emergencies arise. We are here to support you throughout the duration of this program and encourage communication with your facilitators so that we can create the best possible experience for all members.
Can I just sign up for a single session of the 6-week program?
We are not opening this program up for drop-ins. TWR is designed to support a consistent cohort of individuals to not only build trust among the group, but to also build upon each session.
Where is the location for this program?
The John York Building in Pilsen
Address: 1932 S Halsted St #401, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
What are TWR’s program intentions?
- To facilitate an experience of creative process and performance for survivors of sexual violence
- To provide a culminating event opportunity to be witnessed in community
- To foster supportive community around shared experience
- To elicit a therapeutic/healing response in participants, contributing to meaning making and integration into larger life
Who should join?
Survivors: individuals who have been impacted directly or indirectly by SA and DV. We recognize that not all individuals who have been impacted, identify as a survivor, and therefore provide this larger context of what we mean by "survivor."
We recommend this program for survivors that are in later stages of their healing journey:
- For those that have acknowledged, processed, and metabolized trauma responses/triggers and have been in relationship to an embodied narrative or psychosomatic form of processing.
- For those that have been working with a therapist, licensed guide, or medical professional to facilitate growth and progress.
What is the registration process like?
1. When you attend our TWR Exploratory Workshop on July 24th, there will be an option to register on-site for the TWR 6-week program and speak directly with Julie to answer any questions you may have!
2. If you miss the TWR Exploratory Workshop, the online registration for the TWR 6-week program will be open from July 24th - August 12th.
3. You can attend the TWR Orientation and Meet & Greet on August 7th as an additional opportunity to learn more about the 6-week program and meet your facilitators and other registered and interested participants.
4. Once you complete the online registration, our team will contact you within 48 hours to set up a short phone call to walk through the program and answer any questions you may have. We want you to feel excited and prepared for our program start together!
Is this a therapy group?
While some of our facilitators may be fully licensed professionals, Together, We Rise is not a therapy group! You can think of this program as an emotional support & movement group that provides therapeutic benefits. There may be similarities in how therapy groups and support groups are set up to protect the privacy of our members. If any member requires a higher level of support or a referral for therapy support, Self-Reclaimed offers a Care Guidance program to get you started. Learn more here.
Do I need a background in art to participate?
Absolutely not! Our trained facilitators will guide all participants through each session.
Is there a fee?
The exploratory workshop is donation based ($20 suggested donation). Once registered in the 6-week program, it is free for participants.
Who are the facilitators?
Julie Brannen, LCPC, BC-DMT, Founder of SheWolf Sacred (she/they)
Learn more about Julie on her LinkedIn!
Vanessa De Leon, LCPC, BC-DMT, PhD Candidate in Expressive Arts Therapy, Founder & CEO of Self-Reclaimed (she/hers)
Learn more about Vanessa on her LinkedIn!
How can I get involved if I can’t participate:
Become a sponsor! We will open sponsorship opportunities in August 2023.
Will there be community agreements to ensure safety?
Modeling after SheWolf + Self-Reclaimed's programs and events, there will be specific community agreements to ensure the safest environment possible for all who are participating in the workshops and performance experience. These will be provided as we get closer to the program as well as created with the participants in the group.
If there are any questions about whether this program is right for you or about details, please direct to email@example.com