WRAP-UP CELEBRATION LIVESTREAM
Self-Reclaimed and The Art of Balance are partnering to promote affordable and accessible mental health care through our 6-month fundraising campaign, “Access to Healing.” Our $10,000 goal will sponsor 200 free therapy sessions for individuals who are seeking counseling through the Art of Balance and fund therapeutic programs for survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence through Self-Reclaimed.
By bridging preventative resources, affordable & accessible healing programs, and educational opportunities, we’re establishing a foundation for our vision to become a reality: a world free of sexual assault and domestic violence.
Self-Reclaimed's mission is to heal, empower, and unite survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. We do this through our Heal, Empower, and Unity programs consisting of care coordination, wellness support groups, recreational activities, therapeutic activities, and education programs to promote survivorship and allyship.
ABOUT ART OF BALANCE
Art of Balance is committed to making mental health care more accessible. One way that we do that is through working with your insurance company and EAP services so that you don’t have to. We also offer a variety of specialties and employ a diverse staff so that you’ll always find a comfortable space here. For those who cannot afford therapy or don’t have insurance, we offer sliding scale options and pro-Bono services.
UPCOMING ACCESS TO HEALING EVENTS
- Sat, May 08Off the Ground Dance ChicagoMay 08, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM CDTOff the Ground Dance Chicago, 2907 N. Clark St. Chicago, IL 60657Learn from Luminous’ very own Gillian & Layla and then Trinity & Layla as they teach a choreography dance class! All proceeds will go to Self-Reclaimed’s Access to Healing campaign to sponsor free counseling sessions and fund survivor programming.
- Sat, Apr 17The Puzzle BoxApr 17, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM CDTThe Puzzle Box, 3360 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60618, USALearn from Luminous’ very own Jay and Gillian as they teach a choreography dance class! All proceeds will go to Self-Reclaimed’s Access to Healing campaign to sponsor free counseling sessions and fund survivor programming.
- Sat, Feb 13Online Stream
- Systemic Means of Access | Access to Healing Webisode SeriesTue, Jan 26www.facebook.com/selfreclaimedJan 26, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM CSTwww.facebook.com/selfreclaimedJoin Vanessa De Leon, LPC, R-DMT & Ash Elliott, LCPC in this fun, interactive Facebook Live event. We will talk about the following topics: - Mental Health Bills in Process - How to Contact Representatives - First Person Language - Exploring Systemic Access to Mental Health
- Fri, Jan 22www.twitch.com/selfreclaimedJan 22, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM CSTwww.twitch.com/selfreclaimedJoin the Self-Reclaimed team as we leave the challenges and sorrow of 2020 and celebrate the arrival of a new and revitalizing year with the musical vibes of DJ A-Lista on the 1s and 2s. Donations are greatly appreciated! All donations from this event will go towards our Access to Healing campaign.
- Sat, Jan 16twitch.tv/officialbodyrocksdJan 16, 2:00 PM – 9:00 PM CSTtwitch.tv/officialbodyrocksdA healing & mental health donation-based summit. For Love, Empathy, Change & Growth. An event presented by Anna Sarao and Ellen Kim to raise funds for Self-Reclaimed. For more info visit GetDownWithCliff.wixsite.com/FirstAidForDancers & Instagram.com/OfficialBodyRockSD.
- Destigmatizing Mental Health | Access to Healing Webisode SeriesTue, Dec 22www.facebook.com/selfreclaimedDec 22, 2020, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM CSTwww.facebook.com/selfreclaimedJoin Vanessa De Leon, LPC, R-DMT & Ash Elliott, LCPC in this fun, interactive Facebook Live event with real-time chat commands when you like, share, or donate to the stream! We will talk about the following topics: Where we left off about mental health stigma & let’s destigmatize!
- COAL For the HolidaysTue, Dec 15www.facebook.com/selfreclaimed
- Giggle at Games to Access HealingSat, Dec 05www.facebook.com/GiggleatGamesDec 05, 2020, 1:00 PM CST – Dec 26, 2020, 3:00 PM CSTwww.facebook.com/GiggleatGamesOur very own Vanessa will be livestream gaming with Giggle at Games to raise awareness of our Access to Healing fundraiser campaign and giggle at some games! Join us in this fun, interactive game stream! Watch it on the Giggle at Games Facebook Page Every Saturday from 1 PM-3 PM CST
- Access to Healing Facebook Live Kick OffTue, Nov 24Self-Reclaimed Facebook Page